Thursday, December 17, 2009

Meanwhile...

Meanwhile,  I had taken a sleeping pill that night, while James went up to the hospital to be with our baby.  I went to sleep around 1:00 and woke up at 6:00 am to find out that my baby was in the middle of open-heart surgery.  Apparently James had called at 4am to tell me , but I was too asleep to take the phone call.  After I woke up at 6, I was told that my doctor would be coming in that morning to check on me.  If I was doing well enough, he would either discharge me, or give me some sort of “day pass” so that I could go to the other hospital and see my baby.  He came to see me around 10 and I was discharged from the hospital – less than 20 hours after giving birth. Melanie had come back that morning, and she drove me back to my house so that I could get changed. James met me back at our house and we drove up to the hospital together around 2 pm.


After checking in, getting my pink wrist band that proved I was Enzo’s mom, and getting the scrub down drill instructions (wash and dry, and then sanitize), I got to really see Enzo, and touch my baby for the first time.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment